DONT HATE

I’m sorry, but it disturbs and upsets me when I see people on Tumblr saying that they “hate” their mom and/or dad.

They didn’t let you go out with your friends or take that trip from Bacolod to Boracay or they take away your cell phone after a 2000php phone bill and all you can say is, “I hate you, mom and dad!” No. You don’t say that. Have you ever thought that they do these things to protect you or teach you a valuable life lesson?

As you may know, I’m not a big fan of the word “hate.” In fact, I hate the word “hate.” It’s too much of a strong word for me to handle. I say it less than “fuck,” “shit,” and “damn.” That’s how often I avoid saying such a word.

I don’t understand how you can hate the two people that gave you the gift of life. They shelter you, feed you, clothe you, raise you, etc.

I guess it’s comprehensible if your mom gave birth to you at 15 and gave you up because she couldn’t handle a child by herself and the baby daddy left her for good, but even if you were adopted by two other people, did your new guardian(s) not provide for you, ever? I mean, they cared enough to take care of you.

Yes, they can do things that annoy you and tick you off, and I can understand that you disagree with or only dislike them at times, but you should be able to get over those things fairly quickly. You have to know that they love you back unconditionally, no matter what. You are their child.

It takes a lot to hate someone, but I will never ever say that I hate my parents. Not my mom, my dad, my stepmom, or my stepdad.

If they’re considered family, they deserve my love.

Period.